ABOUT ATTORNEY SCOTT C. NOLAN
No one wants to be arrested by the police and charged with breaking the law. If you are accused of a crime, and particularly if you’ve been wrongly accused, or if you believe that what you did was legally justifiable, the idea of being sent to jail or prison is almost intolerable.
If you’re accused of breaking the law in or near Manassas, don’t plead guilty, and do not try to be your own lawyer, either. That puts your family, freedom, and future at even more risk. A guilty plea establishes a criminal record and everything that goes along with a criminal record.
Additionally, acting as your own lawyer simply is not practical. The law is exceedingly complicated, and if you make a mistake or say something that can be twisted and used against you, jail or prison could be the result. If you’re accused of a crime, you’ll need a criminal defense lawyer’s help.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO GOOD LEGAL HELP
Every person who’s charged with a crime – whether that person is innocent or guilty – has the right to be represented by a criminal defense lawyer who will offer trustworthy advice and an aggressive defense representation. You cannot risk selecting the wrong defense lawyer.
For twenty years, Manassas criminal defense attorney Scott C. Nolan has diligently and conscientiously represented clients accused of traffic infractions, crimes of violence, and “everything in-between.”
PUT EXPERIENCE TO WORK FOR YOU
Experience has taught him how to pick jurors, how to negotiate effectively with prosecutors, and how to offer the strongest possible arguments in a client’s defense. Scott C. Nolan has built a reputation for superior client service and for legal excellence. He handles cases that include:
- Drug offenses: Virginia’s various drug laws are complex and confusing, and a number of programs are available for first offenders convicted of possession. However, a conviction for the sale or manufacture of illegal drugs is likely to be penalized with a jail or prison term.
- Crimes of violence: Virginia aggressively enforces the laws against assault and battery as well as the domestic violence laws. Alleged violations may be charged as misdemeanors or as felonies – it depends on the nature of the allegation.
- Burglary: Burglary is a felony in Virginia. A conviction can send the offender to prison and creates a criminal record. Entering any building or vehicle with the intention of committing any crime once inside constitutes burglary in this state.
- Cybercrimes and white-collar crimes: Cybercrimes and white-collar crimes can target thousands of working people and families as victims. The worst cybercrimes target children. These are serious crimes, and convictions often mean long prison terms.
- DUI, reckless driving, and hit-and-runs: If you’re charged with DUI, reckless driving, or a hit-and-run, Scott C. Nolan will review the details and seek to have the charge reduced or dismissed. He may dispute DUI test results or the testimony of police officers.
Manassas criminal defense attorney Scott C. Nolan has received extensive training in DUI/DWI breath and blood testing, forensic toxicology, and the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests.
HOW WILL SCOTT C. NOLAN HANDLE YOUR DEFENSE?
For two decades, Scott C. Nolan has steadfastly sought justice for his clients. He’s received referrals and top reviews from those he’s helped. He is committed to winning justice for those charged with crimes in Manassas and throughout Northern Virginia.
If you’re charged with a crime, attorney Scott C. Nolan will examine the state’s case against you and determine the right strategy for your defense. If the charge against you cannot be reduced, dropped, or dismissed, you may exercise your right to have your case heard by a jury.
If you’re innocent, Scott C. Nolan will fight aggressively for your freedom and your good name. But if the evidence against you is overwhelming and a conviction is certain, he may recommend – and negotiate for – a plea agreement that provides for reduced or alternative sentencing.
He’s a member of the National College for DUI Defense, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and he’s earned a 10.0 “Top Attorney” rating from AVVO, a leading attorney rating service.
DON’T PANIC – THE HELP YOU NEED IS EASY TO REACH
If you’ve been arrested, don’t panic. It doesn’t matter how simple or how complicated your case is. Whether you’re charged with a violent felony or a minor traffic infraction, Scott C. Nolan will answer all of your legal questions and bring your case to a fair and just conclusion.
Every client is treated with dignity and respect and is offered every professional consideration. To arrange a meeting, or if you simply need to learn more, call his law offices or contact attorney Scott C. Nolan online, and put his two decades of criminal defense experience to work for you.