MANASSAS CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER SEEKS JUSTICE FOR THE ACCUSED
For most of us, even the idea of being arrested and charged with a crime is frightening. Especially if you’re innocent of any wrongdoing, or if you have a legal justification for what happened, the thought of going to jail – or going to prison – can be terrifying.
If you are charged with a crime in the Manassas area, you can’t put your freedom, your family, or your future at any further risk. Pleading guilty will give you a criminal record and everything a criminal record entails – including a possible jail or prison sentence.
You shouldn’t plead guilty, and you shouldn’t try to act as your own attorney, either. Virginia has been making laws for hundreds of years, and in the 21st century, the laws in this state have become exceedingly detailed and complicated. You will need a good defense attorney’s help.
DON’T TAKE A CHANCE ON THE WRONG ATTORNEY
Everyone who is accused of a crime – the guilty as well as the innocent – will need to have an experienced defense attorney who will protect your rights, provide sound legal advice, and represent you aggressively and effectively. You can’t take a chance on the wrong attorney.
For two decades, Scott C. Nolan has served the Manassas community through his conscientious representation of clients charged with crimes ranging from traffic offenses to violent felonies. He has an impressive record and a standing that is above reproach in the legal community.
SCOTT C. NOLAN WILL HANDLE MOST CRIMINAL CASES
Manassas criminal defense attorney Scott C. Nolan represents clients in Northern Virginia who are charged with crimes including but not limited to:
- 1. DUI, hit-and-run, and reckless driving: If you are charged with driving under the influence (DUI), Scott C. Nolan will examine the case and develop an aggressive defense. He may challenge the actions of the police or the results of the DUI tests.
- Assault and battery, domestic violence, and other violent crimes: Virginia aggressively prosecutes assault, battery, and domestic violence charges. A domestic violence charge can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the details of the alleged crime.
- Drug crimes: Virginia’s many drug and substance abuse laws are difficult to understand, but some of those laws still require at least a minimum period of time in jail or prison if the defendant is convicted.
- Burglary: A burglary conviction can mean incarceration, a costly fine, and a permanent criminal record. Under Virginia law, entering a building with the intent to commit a theft or any other crime constitutes burglary.
- White-collar crimes and cybercrimes: White-collar crimes and cybercrimes aren’t violent, but they can be quite serious and impact thousands of people. Convictions for the most serious white-collar crimes and cybercrimes are punished with lengthy prison sentences.
Scott C. Nolan has represented thousands of defendants over the last twenty years. His reputation has earned referrals and five-star reviews from many of his former clients. He is a tenacious advocate for those who are accused of crimes in the Manassas area and across Northern Virginia.
HERE’S HOW YOU WILL BE DEFENDED
As you know, to convict anyone of a crime, the state must prove the defendant’s guilt “beyond a reasonable doubt.” Attorney Scott C. Nolan knows how to cast doubt on the state’s evidence and witnesses.
He will investigate the charge or charges against you, review the evidence, examine the witnesses, and develop an effective defense strategy. If the prosecutor will not drop the case, the next step may be a motion to have the charge or charges against you reduced or dismissed.
But if that’s not possible, Scott C. Nolan can take your case to trial, tell your side of the story, and ask a jury to find you not guilty. You have the right to a jury trial, but if the state’s case is persuasive, he may suggest that you avoid a jury trial and accept a plea agreement instead.
GOOD LEGAL HELP IS YOUR RIGHT
Every case is different. Manassas criminal defense attorney Scott C. Nolan will address your concerns, work aggressively for justice on your behalf, and achieve a favorable outcome in your case. Whether the charge is a crime of violence or a simple traffic infraction, he can help.
He is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National College for DUI Defense, and he has received a perfect 10.0 “Top Attorney” ranking from AVVO, the national attorney rating service.
To learn more or to schedule a legal consultation, call Scott C. Nolan’s law offices or contact him online. If your freedom and your future are at risk because you’ve been accused of a crime in or near Manassas, get the legal help you need – promptly. That is your right.